A FIRE DESTROYED OUR HANGAR

A FIRE DESTROYED OUR HANGAR

But the ideal of transforming lives was not affected.

On May 29th, 2016, a major fire destroyed our hangar in the Village of Amigos do Bem, in Pernambuco.

The hangar was the storage and distribution center for our units in the states of Alagoas, Ceará and Pernambuco. It burned in the last Sunday afternoon, due to a short circuit. The flames quickly spread.

No lives were lost, but there were big losses. Unfortunately, we lost everything, mattresses, food baskets, toys, bicycles, tools and machinery, teaching materials, cleaning and hygiene products, furniture, computers and various items that are usually used in the Centers of Transformation and Villages of Amigos do Bem.

The hangar also stored our entire stock of cashew nuts, the production of a whole year of work, which would be processed and, later, sold in São Paulo.

Firefighters were requested, but because of the difficulty of the roads and the distance, they took more than two hours to get on site. The lack of water also aggravated the situation, because firefighters had no way to reset the amount needed to extinguish the fire.

It is time to move on, working with love, so that everything we lost may be recovered. And, more than ever, we need friends.We are focusing our efforts on raising funds for the reconstruction of our hangar. Without it, we can not store the donations we receive.

To collaborate, click here.

We count on your help in sharing the campaign.

 

About the Author

Comments are closed.